Did you know that the bulk of the sun damage we get happens during the summer months? There are things you can do to minimize the damage so that you can enjoy the warm weather and participate in outdoor activities. Here are some of our tips and suggestions for ways to protect yourself!
1. Stay hydrated. Alcoholic drinks can pull the water out of your skin, as can highly caffeinated drinks like coffee and tea. The very best beverage for you is simply water.
2. Wear sunglasses with UVA and UVB protection to protect your eyes and help you avoid developing wrinkles from repetitive squinting. In addition to causing cancer, prolonged ultraviolet exposure may also lead to cataracts. Make sure you apply moisturizer under your eyes to minimize wrinkles.
3. Treat sun spots as soon as they appear. Summer is the time that these unsightly discolorations are at their peak. Apply a drop or two of La Isha’s Natural Age Spot Eraser twice a day at the very first sign of discoloration, to keep them under control. Remember to apply some to the tops of your hands, where most sunspots first start to appear.
4. Familiarize yourself with medications you are taking that can increase your sensitivity to the sun.
5. Wear a wide brim hat for full protection. Visors and baseball caps will not give your face the coverage it needs from the sun.
6. Use sunscreen. If you will be in a bathing suit, apply the sunscreen before putting it on to make sure all areas are covered.
7. The sun's hot rays are extremely drying to the lips so keep them in kissable shape by using our Orange-Coconut Face Polish. Be sure to exfoliate two to three times a week while you are in the shower. Apply our Nutrient Rich Face Crème immediately afterwards. Keep your face cream in the refrigerator for a cool,stimulating experience and to prolong its shelf life.
8. Use a body scrub to keep your arms and legs free of dry, dead skin, and unsightly bumps. To give them a summertime glow, check out our DIY recipe below to make your own body scrub using ingredients you may already have in your kitchen.
9. Limit hot showers. After sun exposure try taking a cold shower Instead of a hot one, to prevent further moisture loss and curb excess sweating.
10. Did you know that pomegranate seed oil can actually boost your body’s natural SF? Add a drop or two of our Pomegranate Moisture Booster to our Nutrient Rich Face Crème to take advantage of this benefit.
DIY Brown Sugar Vanilla Body Scrub
Note: This recipe is not intended for use on your face or neck. We recommend La Isha's Orange Coconut Face Polish for those sensitive areas.